Lexus’ dynamic product rollout continued today with the unveiling of the new LX 570 luxury SUV and updated GS midsize luxury sedan line, which includes the new turbocharged GS 200t variant.
The new model reveals coincided with The Pebble Beach Concours d’ Elegance, the premier concours event in the US held at the famed Pebble Beach Golf Links in California.
LX 570 features a sweeping upgrade, with only four door panels and roof carried over from the current model.
It also features an eight-speed transmission, replacing the six-speed unit, as well as the Drive Mode Select system for tailoring powertrain and suspension responses.
Other highlights include a redesigned luxury interior featuring an updated multimedia system with 12.3-inch screen and Remote Touch Interface.
New 20-inch split 10-spoke wheels and newly available 21-inch 10-spoke wheels provide a commanding road presence.
GS 200t replaces the GS 250 in the Australian line-up and headlines the refreshed GS Line alongside the updated GS 300h, GS 350 and GS 450h.
New GS features a restyled front end, upgraded multimedia technology, the newly available Lexus Safety System + package, new exterior paint colours, interior colours and ornamentation selections.
GS 200t will feature Lexus’ 2.0-litre turbocharged four cylinder engine producing 180kW and 350Nm.
It will be allied to an eight-speed sports direct transmission and drive the rear wheels.
Lexus Australia chief executive Sean Hanley said the new models would enhance and update the Lexus Australia line-up.
“LX 570 and the new GS Line including GS 200t continue Lexus’ product-led strategy, delivering with confident new styling, performance, technology and luxury features,” Mr Hanley said. “We look forward to introducing these new models to the Australian market in December.”
Local specification and pricing information will be revealed at the time of local launch.
2016 Lexus LX570
• Eight-speed automatic transmission replaces six-speed unit
• Restyled front end with one-piece spindle grille
• Drive Mode Select
• LED headlights, sequential turn signals and fog lights
• Revised taillights and rear bumper
• New 20- and 21-inch wheel designs
• Standard Lexus Safety System +
• Standard upgraded multimedia with 12.3-inch screen and Remote Touch Interface
• Larger 4.2-inch multi-information display
• Standard Panoramic View Monitor
• Standard Heads-Up Display
• Three-spoke wood-trimmed steering wheel
• Available ventilated/heated rear seats
• LED ambient lighting in cabin and cargo area
• Touch-sensor overhead lighting
• Manual second-row sunshades
• Standard wireless charging tray for Qi-compatible phones
• Larger 11.6-inch screens for standard Rear Seat Entertainment System
• Tyre-specific tyre pressure monitoring system
• Standard Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert
• Standard Lexus Enform Remote
2016 Lexus GS200t
• New GS 200t model with 180kW, 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine and eight-speed automatic transmission
• Restyled front end with bolder Lexus spindle grille and Bi-LED headlights, and revised tail lamps and rear bumper treatments
• Standard Lexus Safety System + combines Pre-Collision System (PCS), Lane Keeping Assist (LKA), Intelligent High Beam (IHB) and All-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
• Larger 4.2-inch multi-information display puts vital vehicle data at a quick glance in driver’s line of sight
• Upgraded multimedia technology: side “enter” buttons on Remote Touch Interface (RTI) and full screen map capability for available navigation with 12.3-inch central display screen
• New exterior and interior colors, wheel designs and interior wood and aluminium trim selections
• Analogue clock adds GPS time zone functionality