With 35 years of the Golf GTI, Volkswagen reveals its new Golf GTI Edition 35 at the GTI Meet in Reifnitz at W¶rthersee (June 1st to 4th). This GTI is specially developed for the anniversary that packed with 235PS (173kW) and a maximum torque of 300Nm (2,200rpm to 5,500rpm) from the 2.0 turbocharged petrol direct-injection engine of the EA113 engine. It is the most powerful GTI ever!! The Edition 35 will be offered in Europe and Australia (with dates that yet to be confirmed).
Golf GTI Edition 35: The most powerful Golf GTI outputs the cited 235PS with a top speed of 247km/h. This Golf GTI Edition 35 has powerful 6kg/PS and fuel efficiency of 8.0-litre per 100km/h in the 6-speed DSG transmission. The Golf GTI Edition 35 claimed to perform 0-100km/h in 6.6 seconds.
Basically, the engine is a detuned version of the more powerful Golf R and Audi S3 engine, modified to suit the GTI’s front-wheel-drive layout.
– New front bumper design
– Optional Bi-Xenon and LED daytime running lights
– Smoked LED rear lights (similar to Golf R)
– 35′ edition badge on the front wings
– 2 new wheels
Standard: 18-inch Watkins Glen alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres
Optional: 19-inch Glendale alloy wheels with 225/35 R19 tyres
– Legendary gear shift grip
– 3 GTI seats cover versions – Jacky (standard), Favo or San Remo (optional)
– 35 Logo appears on the seats and side step garnish
– Decorative in red on steering wheel, borders of floor mats, hand brake and gear shift trim.
– EA113 engine (1,984cc) series with 235PS and 300Nm (+25PS compared to standard GTIs)
– 6-speed manual or DSG transmission with XDS electronic differential lock
– 8.0-litre/100 km with DSG
– 15mm lower ride height like all GTIs (comparing to standard Golf)
Photo Gallery: Volkwagen Golf GTI Edition 35
Photo Gallery: 30th GTI Meet at W¶rthersee